Thread: Bike Racks!
View Single Post
Old 06-04-19, 09:35 AM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Originally Posted by HotCzech
Anyone out there drive a Hyundai Tucson? What kind of rack do you use? I ride a Liv Rove 3 if that helps.

PS - Not sure I'm posting in the right place, let me know if there's another forum where this fits better. Still new here.
How many bikes are you transporting? I was driving myself crazy looking at racks for my soon-to-arrive Trek FX S6 and, because I didn't want to scratch my car (Acura TL), the only options were hitches. Which started to approach $1000 with installation, or nearly half my bike's cost.

I think when it arrives I'm going to see if I can just cover the back seat with a heavy duty fabric/cloth, and see if I can take the front wheel off and fit the bike in that way (or drop down the rear seats and use a combo of trunk and back seat). Since I only need one bike, and rarely have more than 2 in the car (including myself) this might prove to be a low-cost solution vs. paying $500+ for a good hitch and $250 for installation.

Now if I had two or three bikes, I'd probably look at a hitch.