Old 01-12-20, 07:28 AM
Masjaf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is MPL brand mineral turpentine good to burn?

Hello,

I am looking for some advice regarding the burning of MPL brand mineral turpentine here in Spain. The label says white spirit although it seems to contain smaller chain alkanes.

I am using the Primus Omnifuel II. I have already been burning the fuel without too much soot for some time, but I had to use the warranty service to replace some parts after the stove started malfunctioning even with regular maintenance. I am concerned about health effects and if it perhaps damages the stove parts.

I have attached the data sheet of the product (unfortunately it is in Spanish). It doesn't seem to contain any additives but I am unsure about the small part of aromatics it might contain.

I cannot post the url but if you search for MPL Aguarras simil you should find the product page.

Do You have any recommendations on what to burn here in Spain? I am in the Valencia region and have had little luck finding something like kerosene or naphtha. I have read that automotive gasoline isn't ideal for burning, but many people do burn it. I'm not sure if auto gasoline would be better or worse than aguarras simil. What do you think?