cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,391 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by Lascauxcaveman
I like them. But then again, I've bought all white and all yellow CSTs for a couple bikes. Only one of them was a fixie.
Interesting you mention white. That was the first thing I saw and the easiest thing to get, but I thought it would be far too harsh for the period look. Took a while to find a seller with these creme tires who wasn't asking an arm and a leg for them.

Originally Posted by randyjawa
Normally. I would say pooey-stinko to something that jumps out at me on a vintage bicycle. However, those white tires add vintage appeal, in my mind, and look just right to me. Well done and nice bike.

Do not ride a tar road! Been there, done that and boy, what a mess to clean up later.
Pretty sure most of Miami is tar-less asphalt. At least, I bloody hope so.

Originally Posted by BigChief
Lovely bike! Yeah, those Duro whitewalls are anything but durable. I also really miss those Dunlop tubes with the threaded stems and in my experience, they do actually hold air better than modern tubes. I wish I bought a bunch of Dunlop block treads and tubes back when they were available, but who knew? Tires are a compromise by necessity these days. I like the look of the cream tires on this bike. Keeping them on the road is the most important factor. Nice job on the build.
Well, they held up for 12 years, so I give them some credit. Can't be any worse than gumwalls from CST or Kenda; all substandard rubber. The ladies' 51 has Goodyear tires on it, and they were fine until last year when the front blew out, and I dare say the rubber on those looked better to the end.

The Dunlop tubes and old rubber are superior. I don't know what the chemical difference is, but if you've ever bought modern automotive vacuum hose (not OEM) from an auto parts store, it also cracks apart in 6 months. Same for the vacuum caps. It's maddening.

Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
Kurt, great to see your post--- and I thought about saying something about the all the trash-bins--- but decided that was old history that most others would not understand nor appreciate.

Yes, we need to catch up and I could really use a winter trip to MB this coming year--- but I don't think it will be possible!
Old jokes never die, they just wait for another comedian to steal them. I'm sure that I can reinvigorate that gag tonight

If not this year, next year. Perhaps we can ride the South Dade trail sometime - missed out on a group ride on it last weekend due to some plumbing issues at the house.

-Kurt