Old 10-07-19, 04:27 AM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 404 Posts
I have my poor old Motobecane Mirage clamped into the mag stationary trainer. Pitiful old bicycle. I modified the mag adjuster to boost the drag so it works well but.....its in my unheated garage and I only use it in winter. Garages here in Pennsylvania can get pretty cold. I do have a terry towel rigged over the TT and cockpit but I don't sweat much. I generally start with 4 layers of clothes, gloves and knit hat. Over time I shed most of the layers but barely sweat and just mop my forehead a bit.

The rig sits in front of a window, looking at the horse pasture. I grind away to tunes on the stereo, watching the horses. They watch me too, probably thinking "WTF is that idiot doing? Works real hard, goes nowhere, don't look happy and they call us dumb animals". I keep the Moto's stem shifters up against 'the fire wall' in top gear and just turn em for 30 minutes or so, then drop the mag drag down and do a bit of one legged cranking. Too boring but I always do better come spring - no saddle sores, better leg endurance, no wrist or shoulder pain from turning couch potato for the winter.