View Single Post
Old 03-05-20, 08:19 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by squirtdad
FWIW I find the screw on heads, like the Lenzyne better for both presta and scraeder...but the flip lever on a joe blow did ok also

one on my shop pump

the one on my pump I carry on the bike again lenzne

This is why I started this thread. I want a Lenzne Head,period. I have a pretty good GV Pump with the best flip handle on the pump head I have ever had. But I have to place my thumb directly over the head, which is double sided, to get it over the valve and bury it, then brace that hand against a spoke while flipping the handle with the thumb on the other hand. It can be painful. How does this work. You buy just the head and install it on your pump or do they also make a pump and it would be better to buy the whole pump? Probably just the head. I can look it up, but what is the cost and what is the best option?

I am am curious about one thing, this is how I learn things.nWhy do you use a small hand pump, albeit with a Lenzne head to pump up a tire to 115-120 psi when they have compact Co2 systems that will do it in seconds. I do not understand this from a size perspective and a pumping perspective.