View Single Post
Old 04-12-13, 05:46 PM
spinner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
An interesting thread. I'll reserve judgment on the practicality and safety of a project like this and offer the following observations for your consideration. You are combining several different elements in uses they were not designed for. The presta valve has a rubber o ring that was designed to seal against air pressure, but not designed to work in a hydrocarbon rich atmosphere. Try to determine the effects of long term exposure to gasoline on this o ring. If it should break down while the stove is lit it could have serious consequences. As far as I know there are no stove manufacturers using plastic fuel tanks for pressurized fuel systems. In a market that is driven by weight saving and manufacturing costs, there has to be a reason for this. Try to determine what the reasons are and see if they are valid in your own application. In response to one of your earlier posts, metal gas cans are actually making a comeback. Many large industrial sites no longer allow plastic gas cans on site, for a number of reasons, and metal gas cans are required. I would urge you to use the smallest quantities of gasoline that you can in you experiments. Remember you are basically dealing with a bomb that only requires an ignition source. Gas burns are Nasty