Old 05-06-19, 07:28 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
I took it fairly easy this past week. Coach told me to ride when/if I wanted to, as much/little as I wanted to. I did a fairly hard two-hour ride Thursday and 1-1/2 hours at endurance pace Friday.

Saturday night a call went out on our local Facebook page for a sub-five hour century. Three people showed up - me, a stupid-strong guy who had gotten out of shape and was working back into it, and the guy I did the TX RAAM Challenge with who has a medically-valid testosterone prescription and is using the hell out of it. I figured we'd end up around 4:55 - a good workout but not debilitating. Instead, it was 4:35. (Yeah, I know. #westcoastrecoveryride ) We took our only break at about the 62-mile mark. I had taken my fair share of pulls to that point but it was getting hard and told them I didn't know how much longer I'd be able to contribute; they were okay with that. Sure enough, once we started back I took one pull and could tell I was done, practiced my drafting for the last 30 miles or so. I was a tired puppy!

The next two weeks is all VO2 Max, starting tomorrow with 8x2' intervals with 2' RBI. There are two days between interval workouts. I haven't done these for a while, so it'll be interesting to see how they go.

Demain, on roule!