Old 09-08-19, 10:12 PM
Pulsify

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How's my self bike fit so far? (pics + video) (would love constructive criticism!)

Hi there, I know how important bike fits are - professional ones, they can get pretty expensive... Since I'm only a casual rider, I thought I'd learn the process from the ground up by making tweaks and putting in the research. Here are images of fits done well that I took hints from (along with many Steve Hogg articles and forum posts):

Here's what I've got so far (best angle I could manage):

https://imgur.com/a/AXLEnzM

^ a link to a 25 second clip of my pedal stroke and position

Here's the adjustments I've made so far:
- increased stock stem from 100mm (+7 degrees) to 120mm (-17 degrees). Not quite ready to cut the steerer tube
- changed stock saddle from [junk] to Selle SMP Dynamic (-2 degrees nose down)
- made many, many, many seat height and cleat adjustments
- adjusted the fore/aft of saddle back about 5mm from a neutral/middle position (seat post has an added 20mm of setback)

From what I understand, a toe dipper like myself is best suited with a bit more setback to counteract the hips being pushed forward on the saddle each pedal stroke. This puts me a bit behind the KOPS, which is the trade off (fully understanding KOPS is a starting point, not a hard and fast rule).

Please let me know what you think. I'm open to changing and testing anything that would improve my position. Thanks in advance. Bike is a Canyon Endurace AL Disc 7.0