Old 10-22-08, 03:27 PM
elTwitcho
Live without dead time

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thetank
I got a drunk couple in a truck calling me and my riding buddy "****" and tell us to ride on the sidewalk cause streets are for cars. They didn't try to run us off the road but rather just intimidate us to move out of their way by honking and flashing their lights. Now I always carry a pocket size bottle of mace which is helpful for when dogs give chase too.
Around here it seems almost all the people who yell from their cars or harass cyclists are cowards. I make a point of confronting people who put me at risk because they don't like bikes whenever I catch up to them at an intersection. There was one guy a few weeks ago I caught at an intersection who just moments before was comfortable wailing on his horn and then passing me close enough to almost clip my front wheel but wouldn't make eye contact when I was banging on his window telling him to get out of his car.

Go figure

People who are rude I almost always ignore, it's the odd ******* who almost causes me to crash because of their hostility who make me see red.