View Single Post
Old 07-19-18, 10:44 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 1,755 Times in 1,195 Posts
Originally Posted by 9volt
That looks early 90s. There is a GT brake cable guide thing for the seat tube. Less aggressive street tires would work great. PM me if you want to trade those tires for a set of less knobby tires.

Also, that frame is probably too small for whoever was riding it at that seat height.
Update - you are correct sir, the white bike turns out to be a 1991. And yeah, it's for my wife. I had just run the seat up for the ride down to the school for the photo shoot. But these things must have some sort of magnetic attraction. Month or so later, a 1993 Talera comes up on CL, my size, $20. Once again, shifters not working (sticky pawls). I'm using it now as my commuter, running 2.0 knobbies, thanks to EVERY possible route to work (only 1.5 miles) having construction:

Rides like a dream, fits me perfectly, buttery shifting. About the only MTB I have this size that doesn't have me reeeeaching (long legs, short torso).

So now we have yet another "his-&-hers" pair (along with '98-ish Trek 820s, late '80s Trek 9something roadies, mid-'70s Raleigh Gran Sports).

So that '95-ish aluminum Pantera is still available. Still fishing for info on whether those frames are any good.