Old 02-19-19, 01:54 PM
Nessism

Bikes: Homebuilt steel

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 337 Posts
Originally Posted by BigPoser
Morning. Last night I went and played with the frame a bit and through some gentle massaging I was able to cold set the angle do the desired setting. I was careful not to overdo it, and kept measuring the straightness both the ST and DT themselves while doing so. I can't measure any deviations whatsoever in either tube and my angles are what they should be. So I then proceeded to pin and flux the remaining joints and tack them all in place so that the main triangle is set. Everything went as well as I could have hoped considering my initial miscues. I checked the alignment along the way and it seems to be spot on from what I can see.

This week I will braze the joints completely and move on with the build. I'm a bit relieved. Throughout this process of building frames I love that there are times that certain mistakes that initially seem catastrophic (to me at least) , are actually able to be fixed. That hasn't always been the case, but I'm learning so much it's very exciting to me. I can't get enough.

Thanks everyone for your advice and support.

Brandon
Well done Brandon!

Ed