Old 07-08-19, 02:48 PM
kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.
Originally Posted by FlashBazbo
If this helps . . . or even if it doesn't . . . when Di2 went from 10-speed to 11-speed it only required a new rear derailleur and a reprogram of the system. Shifters, fd, and everything else could still be used. It took less than 10 minutes to make the switch.

And I don't see Shimano going wireless. SRAM has proven the naysayers correct. 4 batteries is four times as much to take care of and four times as much to go wrong. Having just one charge port is very convenient.
It’s only the inner OCD kicking in for the ultimate “clean” look. Moving beyond that I agree with all the disadvantages of the wireless. I have trouble keeping up with charging of lights, radar, bike computer, so definitely don’t need to add on top of that.

Other than that, I’m having difficulty coming up with reasons not to. I was contemplating a Di2 Ultegra bike for next spring, but now for the group set price one can get a whole bike. Yes, the rest of the components are mediocre, but again, for the price of the group set, you can have it delivered right to your door and be riding within an hour. There’s something to be said about that kind of convenience.