View Single Post
Old 04-18-21, 11:55 PM
Bill in VA

Bikes: Current: 2016 Bianchi Volpe; 1973 Peugeot UO-8. Past: 1974 Fuji S-10-S with custom black Imron paint by Stinsman Racing of PA.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by MRT2
We are going with the Dyad. Hopefully will be the right mix of durability but still reasonable weight.
The Velocity Dyad is a very nice rim. I have them in 36 holes on my second wheelset for rough road riding. That is now my primary wheelset with the Alexrims A23 now being the secondary. The builder said I could have easily gone to 32 holes, but said the 36 was a good choice for my uses. I also had Velocity Veloplugs (red) installed. The Veloplugs make tire mounting so easy that I only need levers for the initial install. YES, no more rim tape! I do not feel any weight increase, but these wheels have butted spokes and the Alex A23 OEM wheels had straight guage.

I got mine in silver with machined side walls and use cantilever brakes. The maker/model name decals were a bit large, but they came right off. Two years now and still good and still perfectly true..
Likes For Bill in VA: