Old 03-24-20, 09:22 PM
cnrdrn7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Entry Level Gravel Bike

Hi Folks,
Having some trouble deciding on an entry level Gravel Bike and hoping to enlist some help. For some context, I haven’t owned a bike since I was in school and now in my early 30’s, my team sports days almost over and running/jogging not so appealing, I’m eager to buy a bike and keep the fitness up that way. I’ll be using the bike primarily on roads, paved trails and gravel trails. I don’t think I’ll be hitting too much rough terrain just yet but would the bike to maybe have the ability to handle it if I did. Based on the that and the bit of research I’ve done, I’m figuring an entry level Gravel Bike is the best route to go. I’ve narrowed my choices down to a few options that I’ve listed below, open to other options too of course, but honestly don’t have much knowledge about the specs & components and that’s where I was hoping for your advice based on your knowledge/experience. Thanks

Salsa Journeyman Claris 700C – This bike continually comes up when searching for best Gravel Bikes at this range and I like the look with more upright riding position. Not so sure about the quality of the components and non-compatibility with tubeless tires

Giant Revolt 2 2020 – Seems to be a decent spec at that price point

Trek Checkpoint AL 3 – I really like the look of this bike and there’s one available in my size at a local Bike Shop. Just unsure if the other options are better/similar for a lesser cost