Old 03-27-20, 06:54 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Jim's Famous Trick for Rear-view Mirror Goggles
Originally Posted by Rollfast
It would have been really trick if somebody had done a snow dance.
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A snow dance is a ritual that is performed with the hopes of bringing snow in the winter months. This ritual is often performed with the goal of avoiding school or work the next day.

Specific Snow Dance rituals vary from person to person, but commonly include sleeping with silverware under one's pillow, flushing ice cubes in a toilet, or wearing your pajamas inside out and backwards.
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
um er I only dance when I’m super happy, which I think was like 2004?
My wife and I are ballroom dancers, but I don’t know those steps. I do dance in traffic though.
Originally Posted by noglider
The weird thing is that traffic in NYC is aggressive, but I find it easier to survive than other places.

I'm not sure I'm ready to say NYC drivers are better than in other places, because it may simply be that I understand the dance and know how to do it .
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
As a social ballroom dancer with years of lessons, as well as urban commuter, may I say, "Well said."

There was thread once about rural vs urban cycling, and a concensus was that urban cycling was safer, because of the congestion and slower speeds. Even with heavy traffic, I know the patterns of traffic, the "dance steps," and can anticipate the car's movements.

Earlier on this thread, I wrote: An important aphorism I learned on BF is, "To know where a car is going, watch the front wheels, not the body or hood," though we don't watch our feet when we dance.