View Single Post
Old 03-22-18, 09:34 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
I've got perfect squat form, I video myself doing them regularly and check. Maybe that lulled me into a false sense of security.

I do one-leg leg presses. A set with the right leg, then a set with the left. Here's what the Stronglifts guy has to say about leg presses:

And of course that's exactly what I've been doing, trying to get the full range of motion.

My lower back has been sore, which is new to me. I know lots of people have back pain from cycling, I've never experienced it before, until now.
I missed that you were talking about leg presses specifically when I first read your OP. When doing leg presses, I pay a lot of attention to the contact/pressure my butt is making with the seat, and figure that I'm going outside MY safe range of motion if my butt starts to raise off the seat.

Leg presses are for legs. If you want to exercise your spinal erectors, do weighted hypers.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498