Old 09-19-19, 10:08 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by mcours2006
Brooks B17 you have to tilt the nose slightly up. Experiment with how much tilt until it feels comfortable.
The uptilt that will comfortably let you sit in the right place is just a little bit below the uptilt that focuses too much pressure on the front of my undercarriage. You might need to make fine adjustments to the up-down, as well. Abrasion is for me usually caused by the saddle being too high, so my hips rock as my legs each stretch down once each cycle. When you get the uptilt correct, it's worth a try to reduce the height by just a few (2) millimeters to reduce pressure on the sitbones and surrounding areas.

You might also be pulled forward by having your bars too far forward as your saddle is moved back bit by bit. You should be able to feel in balance on the saddle, holding your hands on the bars without pushing down to hold your torso up. This stability is the result of good fore aft balance combined with good core strength. Your arms should be stuck out forward, but not stretched uncomfortably far.

Last edited by Road Fan; 09-19-19 at 10:12 AM.