View Single Post
Old 02-05-20, 12:25 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
Why don't you go back and read the first thing I said about this subject.
Here you go my quick to jump to misled conclusions friend. I take that to mean something more along the lines of, "Hey take the time to get to know us. It's hurtful if you come in and take up hours of our time to learn what you want, then go buy it somewhere else."
That's what I had to say about bike shops getting paid for their services. The only thing I have a problem with is attitude and you seem to be jumping to take up that banner.

Sorry, but your writing is so badly structured, I can't even figure out what you're saying is making you sad. Is it the fact that a LBS is staying in business by charging people for impersonal easy service or that they don't want you taking up their time to inform your online purchases? When I asked you to clarify, you made the comment that my not understanding you is sad and then jumped to the conclusion that all I care about is money. As far as not wanting to educate you for your online purchases, strikes me that you're the one trying to get their expertise and knowledge for free and are upset that they expect to get paid for their time.
Maybe I'm misinterpreting you, but if so, I really don't think it's my fault that you're expressing yourself so poorly.

I'm not the one with the bad attitude here.