View Single Post
Old 01-09-19, 02:23 PM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
The idea is "Share the road," not "Drive like you are the only person on the road who matters." Cyclists always complain that drivers treat bikes as (at best) second-class road users, or as impediments, or opposing forces, or ignore us altogether.

When a cyclist does the same ... we support him?

I have been riding on the road for about five decades. I have never had much problem at all. As I have gained experience, I have gotten better at safely interacting with cars so that all of us get where we need to be with minimal delay or impediment.

This guy apparently has chosen a different path---and it has left him where it has left him. If he is happy in jail, then he is wise to have persisted. If he would rather be riding his bike, then I'd say he has handled this matter badly.

People can argue all they want. I have yet you see one bit of sense explained here, which would make me or others safer while cycling. So ... what are you all fighting about? It obviously isn't about making cycling safer.

How is it that so many of us can cycle so often and cover so many miles and not end up in either the hospital or in jail? How is it that this guy cannot?

I am pretty sure that when it comes to following examples, I don't want to follow a path that leads to incarceration.

This guy Mr. Smith, who seems ot be a hero to some posters, will be eating prison food today. I will be safely and happily riding my bike in traffic.

We all make choices.
Yep.