View Single Post
Old 01-11-19, 06:36 PM
downhillmaster

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 776 Times in 402 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Juries and judges can be wrong. "Wrong" in a legal sense is a very different concept also.

Most people who cycle on the road see this man's behavior as unfriendly and potentially dangerous at least. Even that "proves" nothing.

What this discussion has been good for, IMO, is that it has allowed a few of us to exchange ideas, and to actually discuss---not fight over---different points and points of view.

As is common on any public forum, most of the thread was people screeching, "I am right, you are wrong." (I can get a bit shrill myself---I realize this.) In the end, this sort of tapered off into a rational discussion.
I think the basic ideas have been thrashed to the point there is only chaff left.

I am not suggesting that no one else post here ... or that I will not check back from time to time. But the facts have been established, and there haven't been many new interpretations.

I am not at all surprised that most posters who watch the videos realize that whether it is deemed illegal or not, the man's behavior is asinine, potential dangerous, and reflects badly on cyclists as a group.
This.
Well said