View Single Post
Old 01-16-19, 02:27 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
Originally Posted by Ald1
No easy answers with taking the lane. On a two lane country road my friend and I took the lane to make a left into a major college campus entrance. We were both signaling a left and in my mirror I saw a car behind slow to wait for us to turn. Just as we turned another car behind that one started to pass him and slammed/locked his brakes and almost killed us. We were lucky by a split second. Can't win when a driver wants to illgally pass everybody. We would have been "dead right" though........
Interesting. I was just trying to explain this to @Chris0516 in another thread (https://www.bikeforums.net/advocacy-...l#post20750286, post #34 .) Some driver will risk their own lives and everyone else's to gain twenty feet of pavement.

Last fall I was riding with a couple friend---i was behind, they were two abreast. A guy in a municipal truck buzzed us even though they were two wide and Obviously taking the whole lane, and cars were coming the other way. As you have seen, when a driver wants to be exceedingly, aggressively ignorant and exceedingly, ignorantly aggressive, all you can do is brake, turn and hope it is your lucky day.