Old 03-03-20, 11:21 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Liked 1,467 Times in 1,144 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet
Holy Moly,. That's exactly what I want! I could use it on my endurance bike at least that has aeros.

If I don't go the rack route I'm going to try to get that.
I use the second stem on some bikes, but on my expedition bike use the 55mm Thorn accessory bar. That might be too short for some stems, but works well for mine. I do not have a great photo of it, but I have a couple of poor photos that show it. I used it on a 1 1/8 steerer tube, not a quill stem like you have but I am sure you could shim it.

I mentioned in a post above that i used some aluminum bar to help support my bag better from sagging. I started with 3/4 X 1/8 inch bar, later went to 1.5 inch wide, the photo above shows my first version with the 3/4 inch wide reinforcement bar that goes under the bag. But that is not the Carradry bag you have so maybe you do not need something to prevent sag like I did.

Photos of my other bikes with a second stem setup at this link if you are interested:
https://www.bikeforums.net/19930025-post28.html

In all my photos you will notice I am using interrupter brake levers on the bars, I can't tell from your photo if you have them or not. I have them angled down a bit more than I have some others set them up. I have the bag close enough to the handlebar that if I had the levers further forward, they would get a bit tight to get my hands on the levers quickly.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: