Old 07-03-20, 09:35 PM
Joearch

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV Disc Ultegra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 32 Posts
Bike upgrade

In early March I had my 10 year old KHS tuned up and started riding. After a few weeks I was enjoying the relatively easy 10-15 mile rides 4-5 days a week. After going to a few LBS looking for a decent bike I realized they were mostly sold out of mid level road bikes. I looked on line and found a 105 group, carbon frame Motobecane immortal that I find comfortable have enjoy riding. Now doing 25 mile rides 4-5 times a weeks. Mostly as a way to get out, enjoy the road and outdoors. I am a design professional and enjoy the look and engineering of a well designed object. I thought about starting some upgrades like the wheels and am wondering is it worth the investment. I have always liked the look and mystic of a Bianchi and now am thinking do I sell the Motobecane and get a Bianchi with a similar endurance frame, Ultegra and disc brakes. Will there be a noticeable difference or is it more about the looks and heritage of the Bianchi which would be a $2500 upgrade. I guess I could just stay where I am at and enjoy what I am riding. Guessing this is a common situation most folks think about as they consider bike options.
thx in advance.