Old 08-28-20, 09:25 AM
niliraga 

Bikes: 1970s Coppi/Fiorelli beater, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1972 Bob Jackson, 1970 Cilo Sprint-X, 1985 Fuji Touring Series IV, 1969 Legnano Roma

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 129 Posts
FS: 1958-59 Rudge Pathfinder Grand Prix (Raleigh Lenton)

A well-preserved Rudge Pathfinder Grand Prix (23" size from the rod-shifting 2x4 years) for sale or ideally, trade.

Condition is very much as-found, with some careful cleaning to determine the underlying condition. Bike appears to be all original, save for tires and a newer saddle, and a missing "GB" locknut from front calipers. Stem and seatpost free, no frame cracks or bends apparent, and while BB and headset doubtless need attention they turn easily without indexing or play. Both brakes need freeing up, but apart from that the bike seems eminently rideable - the Cyclo Benelux gear train all seems present and correct to my unschooled eyes.

There are a few small paint chips around the frame, and signs of wear along the upper ridge of the top tube, but hardly any rust - worst is a pea-sized patch just below the headset. Front rim shows the most wear, with more stubborn peppering, some signs of rim impact and a missing chunk of material around the valve stem. Peppering on chrome & steel parts is coming off with minimal effort, except for the cheaper plating on the Christophe toe clips. Fenders have taken a beating but appear original with Rudge decal on the rear.

Local pickup only - I don't dare take this one apart myself, but happy to work with your trusted facilitator/shipper and I'm open to driving it to rendezvous points north of NYC.

SOLD As a straight sale, $450

However ... I'd prefer to "swap" the rare find inside the BF community for something that I can better use/appreciate. eg. 60-61cm tourers from early-mid-80s (minty Expeditions, Pro Tours, Odysseys etc.) or interesting sports/tourers from the preceding years... a 1960s Cinelli frameset in original condition, because a guy can dream, right? I know preferences are subjective and all that, but I like tasty things so feel free to ping me with what you've got in mind.

I can take/post additional photos as needed...

Last edited by niliraga; 12-21-20 at 12:14 PM.
Likes For niliraga: