View Single Post
Old 09-16-20, 12:14 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6972 Post(s)
Liked 10,968 Times in 4,692 Posts
Originally Posted by bmcer
One of the reasons I went to the V3 EOS system was to get the gearing and battery level data. So yes, I'd like to include the "blue tooth dongle", but I'm not clear where it goes in the system. As I understand Di2 so far, I'll need wires from the R & L shifters to the A junction box which I plan to mount under that stem alá EPS, then a wire from the A box to the 4 port B box. The other 3 ports of the B box then take wires going to the battery, which I plan to mount in the seat tube, the front and rear derailleurs. So where/how exactly does the blue tooth "thingie go?
Someone with more experience may have better ideas, as I think it can be installed in various locations...But here's how mine is installed:

It's in that fat spot along the rear brake hose. The mechanic wrapped the two lines (BT wire and brake hose) in some plastic wrap to keep it together and protected. Seems to work as well as anywhere else I can imagine putting it - and since it's nice and close to the computer, there are never any problems with the connection.

If you are going with the standard A box that mounts under the stem, you might be able to just attach the dongle to that device - maybe a zip tie or electrical tape? Though again, there may be other ways to wire it up.

PS: You may not want to buy a new handlebar that allows this, but the A junction box that mounts in the bar end is slick - gives a much cleaner looking front end on your bike.

Last edited by Koyote; 09-16-20 at 12:17 PM.
Likes For Koyote: