View Single Post
Old 03-25-21, 11:28 PM
djdelarosa25

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
My personal preference is to have about as much nose up as you did in the first photo. I wouldn't expect to feel the effects of nose up in my lower back. If you have a 51cm top tube then an 80mm stem came OEM. I would think 100cm would induce some stretch in someone who characterizes their dimensions the way you do. Nose up is to keep you back in the saddle so you don't fall forward. Pulling forward means there is too much stretch in your setup regardless of how good it feels. IMO flat, not flat, isn't so much the issue. Where you sit should be more or less level. Where you sit should be the widest part of the saddle. How well does your setup do at passing the casual fit tests that have become established over time? Yes, I mean the silly ones like 'elbow at the saddle nose'. That saddle does look high and if it ain't, then the bike is too small.
Wait, so if the bike is too small for me, and I get the next largest size which is S with a top tube of 53 cm and a stock stem of 90, wouldn't that stretch me out even more? I guess it looks small because of my exposed seatpost, but I still have 60 mm before the minimum insertion. In any case I've read you shouldn't be basing on the seat tube height anyway.

I will try using a 80 mm stem again.