Thread: Prostate Exam
View Single Post
Old 11-24-18, 04:03 PM
Artmo 

Bikes: '06 Bianchi Pista; '57 Maclean; '10 Scott CR1 Pro; 2005 Trek 2000 Tandem; '09 Comotion Macchiato Tandem; 199? Novara Road; '17 Circe Helios e-tandem:1994 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Giacomo 1
Not helpful tough guy.

Everyone handles medical procedures differently. I think the OP knows he made a mistake and can now go back and let the doc do what he has to. Aging isn't easy!

No, not a tough guy, Giacomo dear. Please don't tell me about aging:-). I'm 78 and was diagnosed with prostate cancer, low-intermediate stage with a trace of Gleason 5, three years ago and had all the bells and whistles of 25 doses of radiation (IMRT) followed by radioactive seeds( brachytherapy). I had had PSA and DRE annually for many years and saw my PSA gradually increase from around 1.2 to 4.8, plus a nodule detected by the DRE, but no other symptoms. Now it is 0.1. It's people like the OP who make men nervous about having the DRE or nothing at all, too often resulting in unnecessary deaths from the metastasized cancer. I lost two colleagues because of their resistance to the tests. As someone mentioned, a single PSA number might not be indicative of cancer, but an upward trend over time can be.

Last edited by Artmo; 11-24-18 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Typos