View Single Post
Old 10-15-17, 09:57 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Stadjer
Usually here there's a bit of an Indian summer around half september, but this year there was a warm week two weeks ago so it was a bit late. Then it got normal with about 14C max and touches of frost in the early morning. But now it's 21C and sunny, T-shirt weather, so around noon I wanted to sit in the sun in the garden with a book like I'm used to with these temperatures and sunshine. But it turned out that this late in the year, the sun doesn't make it over the neighbour's trees. Still a nice day though.
This is one of the reasons I think it would be good to have reforested cities with narrow towers poking up above the trees throughout. From the roof-patios, it would look like there was a city of small buildings peppering the top of the forest canopy, but underneath the canopy, there would be lots of low-light gardens and narrow roads/paths between the trunks. Towers could be connected with pedestrian bridges and zip-lines at different levels, as long as the canopy stayed robust, thick, and contiguous.