View Single Post
Old 04-17-20, 09:47 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 811 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 666 Posts
Wow, nice bike! That looks to be in absolutely great shape. We had a local Schwinn dealer in the town that I lived in. The guy that ran the shop was easily over 300 lbs. He would get on the bikes as start bouncing on it to prove how strong Schwinn bikes were. You will have no problem what so ever. Remember they had a lifetime warranty. I did see only one electro-forged Schwinn frame come in for warranty replacement when I worked in the same shop years later. It belonged to a motivated paper boy that was no light weight himself and he probably loaded about a hundred pounds or more of papers on the bike. He had a huge basket up front and a pair of double baskets in the back, then carried more papers on top of the double baskets and he had a bag over his shoulder.

The bike was a Schwinn Heavy Duti. The reason for the warranty replacement was that the kickstand mount broke off.

The hand grips turn tan over time. I have had good luck with getting them white again with Dawn dish soap and a toothbrush. If that doesn't do the trick try hydrogen peroxide.

Get your new tires, and enjoy.
Likes For Velo Mule: