View Single Post
Old 04-28-19, 11:27 AM
andythebird

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by taras0000
If you're new to track, the best thing you can do is just ride and race the track. It seems like a cop-out answer but it isn't.

It used to be that the way to ride a was Kilo was to start flat out, at 100%, and hold on for dear life until you crossed the finish line. Now we know it's better to float the start a little (just hold back a tiny bit), to save some reserve for later on.

Now knowing that, and going back to what I first wrote. We don't know what kind of raver you are. Are you a sprinter, an Enduro, what sort of times and power output do you have. The way a kilo is ridden is highly personal, not just between riders, but a rider might change how he rides it based on the day.

Your first few kilos will probably suck. That's not meant to be an insult, it say that they will be slow. It's just a highly technical event where small details can have dramatic changes on your time.

Don't go into it looking to slay that dragon on your first try. In the meantime, practice standing starts. A lot of new track riders tend to be shaky on this. Try a few flying 500s to get the feel of what it's like when the anchor drops (you'll know what I mean once you've done your first kilo).

Other than that, ride, race, have fun and get to know the track.
I used to ride some years ago. Competed some om the track but not that much . My personal om the kilo is 1.08.57 . I am now doing æ comeback but this time om the track. I was wondering how to train for such a specific event