View Single Post
Old 08-01-19, 06:06 PM
jlaw

Bikes: 2015 Spec. AWOL Elite,2022 Spec. Diverge, 1984 Trek 620 1985 Trek 620, 1979 Trek 710

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 110 Posts
Originally Posted by riverdrifter

Nice find - excellent condition. I have the same bike, same year, one size up.

RJ the Bike Guy also has a video re: disassembly/rehab of the Duo Par rear der. Be careful - many moving parts that require proper re-assembly. I have read that the Duo Par can accommodate a fairly large cog - 30T + if you want to try.

Also, the rear hub can be replaced with certain Maillard hubs that have the same housing dimensions. I did this in order to get rid of the Helicomatic - got lucky in that I had an un-used rear wheel that I discovered had the properly-sized Maillard hub that uses regular-size bearings. This allowed for re-use of the spokes and 27" rim that came with the bike.

Interesting to see that 700x35 will fit. I have been considering changing to 700c. Your Dia Compe canti brakes should be able to be adjusted to align with the 700c rims.

Re: brake pads - Kool Stop makes pads that will fit. The Eagle Claw will have to be trimmed in order to fit the front fork. The road-style pads apparently will fit without modification - search previous threads on this site for details.
Likes For jlaw: