Thread: Carbon Topstone
View Single Post
Old 08-11-19, 08:23 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10971 Post(s)
Liked 7,498 Times in 4,194 Posts
Originally Posted by blargman
I'm 6'4" and I believe about a 86cm inseam. I just started riding this bike and it feels like I just can't get comfortable on it for rides over 10miles. Either my neck starts hurting or my hands. I had it fit, Should I just take it back and get it fit again? Is this a no brainer? I'm asking these questions as I'm curious what others have found on this bike. If there are any other topstone users that use the bike and can relate to the size of this bike. Does it run a bit large?
I assume you have the largest size(based on your height), but if it's a smaller size, that could be part or all of your size issues.
I don't think it runs large in the largest size for your height. I am 6'5 and a local shop had the largest size in stock- it was a good fit, but not quite the stack height or reach I wanted.

I would assume your cycling inseam is more than what you list, if you are 6'4. If that is your cycling inseam, then perhaps the bike is wonky for you as you have short legs and a long torso for that height.