Oneder
Banned.

Bikes: Wahoo of Theseus, others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 428 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
No, the Kenda’s won’t “kill you” if you get a flat at high speed. Schwalbe (Sch-vall-b-uh for those of you who pronounce it Sch-wall-bee) makes good tires but the current trend of super tight beads are generally unnecessary and perhaps even detrimental. They can cause significant drops in the tension of the spokes on wheels which leads to other problems.

People have been riding bikes with loose fitting tires for decades and there aren’t a lot of reports of deaths when the bike tire flats at any speed.
I say that because that's nearly what happened just yesterday to my friend who was riding one of my spare bikes. We were going down a hill and the loose beads came free when it got a flat in the front tire and kept getting stuck in the brakes and she was all over the place and could not steer or stop. We were in the road because of work done on the sidewalk and bike lane and were just lucky no cars were coming in the other lane because she was all over the place. You can use whatever you want but I won't use garbage like that ever again.