View Single Post
Old 03-23-15, 09:13 AM
Morphio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just a quick update to say thanks for the help. Bike got it's first track time on Saturday and handled like a dream

For those that are interested in getting one of the Hoy bikes, I'm generally very happy with it and it handles well (although I only have limited track experience on a couple of rentals) but there are a few things worth mentioning:
  • Drop outs aren't short, but definitely not as long as on some bikes I've seen. Chain as fitted had to be split to get wheel in and out when running 48x18 to get to the velodrome. Racked at the velodrome now, so shouldn't be a regular problem. Haven't yet tried it with any really small gearing to see how much range there is - a bit of room to go back with a 48x13 but didn't have a 46 or 47 to test it with.
  • Sprocket that shipped with it is a shiny unbranded one, not DA 7600 as listed
  • Seatpost head clamp had a threaded hole that could be at best described as "oval". Stripped the bolt out when switching saddles which meant a dash around LBSs to find a zero setback post before taking it to the track.
  • Not a surprise, but I'll be swapping the tyres out for something else. Dual compound so they'd never be allowed on the indoor velodromes over here.

But considering I got the bike for £635 I can live with those.