Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
I forgot to address this:

Regarding the photo: That is totally legal. The most egregious violation is having the hands on the tops of the bars and not in the drops ("unsafe riding")...but I cannot find the UCI rule about that (if that's still a rule)

Cycling on the track in a flight suit is legal. UCI, USAC, and it's insurers wouldn't blink at this photo. And it being on a closed track, it's even less of an issue.
One college past years wore Hawaiian shirts, and I guess they decided that was not allowed as it was not a school issued kit. We had all the rules folks there and it became a "fun" discussion.The new CEO of the USOC was there. The organizers were panicked she may not like it - although could not give a rule against it. The riders (I was an observer) decided just to ride to staging that way as not to irritate their local riders. In the end (when it didn't matter) one official suggested that as the school name USAFA was not most prominent wording, USAF was so that technically they were not allowed. The point was moot.