View Single Post
Old 02-15-17, 03:32 PM
Vortac180

Bikes: Yamaha Moto-bike BMX, Panasonic DX2000 single speed, Specialized Roubaix, Salsa Fargo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FastJake
What do you use the bike for? Off-road mountain biking? Commuting or paved riding?

Your list is good and makes sense. Tires would be number one on my list, of the things you haven't changed. Good tires will make a huge difference in how the bike rides, feels, and your speed.

Personally I'd get some sweet XTR pedals before the XTR crank. Nice pedals feel great to click your feet into. And some nice shoes if you don't like the ones you have now.

Kool Stop brake pads if you don't already have those.

I don't know what fork you put on. But as far as suspension forks go, high end ones are (usually) WAY better than low end or even mid-level ones. Unfortunately it's difficult finding a decent 26" V-brake fork these days.

Keeping the wheels for now makes sense. Down the line if you're feeling adventurous, build your own set of wheels. It's incredibly rewarding and I'm sure you'd appreciate the process if you enjoy customizing your bike.
Yes, I like it. Thank you. I'll look for an XT crankset instead of the XTR.
My pedals have a quite a few miles, and years, on them. I've seen XTR pedals for sale at the bike shop. I didn't realize they are better. Good idea! I also have an XT rear hub in my parts box I could use to build a rear wheel. Never thought of it. The bike shop is going to hate me when I order a rim and spokes.

Fun!

Geoff