View Single Post
Old 07-04-19, 07:15 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
only thing I can add is that 55lbs is a lot, and by bringing this down to lets say 40 or something, you will see a noticeable diff in the day being more manageable.
If you havent done other self supported outdoor activities, look into the gazillion online equipment lists to compare and to see just what the heck you packed to get to 55lbs

if it makes you feel any better, most of us made this beginner mistake and took too much crap.
I did, and combined with not enough low gearing and some pretty darn tough and long hills, my first fully loaded trip was a bear at some points and I even had a knee issue due to all these factors (plus I hadnt ridden with all my junk on the bike beforehand)

reduce the stuff, figure out what crap you took and really didnt need, and change stuff if needed (ie, if your tent weighs 15lbs, or 10--you can find affordable 6 or 7 lb tents, or you can find more expensive 4lb tents, or even more expensive 2lb tents)

if you took a pair of jeans, and six shirts, and this and that---well, you get the drift.....

all the best with reducing the load, and have fun, thats the whole idea here.
Likes For djb: