View Single Post
Old 05-01-20, 08:23 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by wthensler
I was a bit surprised, as I tend to see a fair number of Cervelo bikes in FL. I should have asked specifically what the quality issues were, but will look into other bike shops that will sell and service.

My Domane has the infamous BB90 bracket, which finally needed replacement after 10,000 miles. In the grand scheme of things, it wasn’t expensive to have replaced ( though I do know of more severe issues with the Madone).

I’m going to keep Cervelo on my list, and take several models for a ride. Perhaps the C3 is too close to the Domane, and maybe I need something a little tighter for the mountains of VA.

Too many choices - I really need to cull the herd......
​​​​​​I've had my C3 all over the Cascades, and a bit in the Olympics and Kettles. I'll dig up some pictures later. It's a fine bike for mountains.

Given that you have a similar bike, I'd be more interested in an R5 Disc. But it really depends what you want to do with it. There are a lot of fantastic bikes out there from a lot of great companies. I like Cervelos personally because of how they handle.
Likes For Seattle Forrest: