Chrisp72
Roleur of Dough

Bikes: Kuwahara Caravan, Specialized Stumpjumper S Works

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
IMO&E you should try camping together first. Several times. Or maybe some hiking and a camping trip. That's familiar territory for her. Explore her. The biking thing should be the thing you are least interested in. When couples recreate together, the showstopper is always control issues. Give her a lot of control. We are or were solely in control of our lives. The transition to shared control is the hard part. There are 3 hard and fast rules for newbies:
1) Compromise doesn't mean giving up the things you don't care about.
2) Talk, talk, talk.
3) If you have a fight, you leave the room, you don't come back. See rules 1 and 2.
Oh - and 4) She's always right. Which is true whether you think so or not.

If you disagree with the above, best think about all this a lot longer. Don't mess with people's hearts, I guess that's a 5th rule.
Carbonfibreboy...I don't plan on forcing anyone into anything they're not comfortable with. More time is important but planning is the name of the game now. It's all pleasant talk now that the world is shut down for the most part. I don't intend to start a fire and then walk away...I assure you my intentions are pure. We're both adults and need to learn about each other. The foundation is there for a great relationship until it's not. We both have our lives but we're willing to at least try...I've asked her this and told her I'm willing to put the effort in. I know there will be things that come up but I feel we can work through them. We have our points of view but I feel she has a good heart and sees the best in people. We're both upfront so far and the future looks good. Ultimately we'll figure things out with each other and spend time together.