Old 05-20-20, 10:15 PM
Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked 558 Times in 423 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisp72
... would like to try to introduce her to cycling. I'm not sure she's into riding a bike as the relationship is pretty new but I have the idea in my head. I was planning for a cycling trip for one...me...but that's changed now. What's the best way to introduce someone to the concept of bicycle camping?
I'd take it slow. Particularly if not knowing she's even "into" biking.

Perhaps mention you love cycling. Casually point out, at some point, cycling's easily done with a couple of people, or more, whether in a group of cyclists, or on a tandem, or whatever, and that some folks do weekend light-touring and camping, etc.

But at this point it all seems premature, given it's unclear if there's even an interest in cycling, let alone cycling for days + camping + all the rest.

Could easily start with basic cycling. Then do a couple all-day, casual rides. Then perhaps progress to a ride over to the next town as a sight-seeing excursion, staying overnight then coming back the next day. If all that goes well, then doing the multi-day camping thing might be worth attempting. Didn't land on the moon with Apollo first time out, though; had to get all the ducks lined up in a row first.