View Single Post
Old 06-08-20, 11:04 AM
Ross520

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
You sure sounded like you were speaking for all of us.

You implied that it. Power washing isn’t going to melt the bike nor is it going to contaminate the bearings. If you have a bike that was built before about 1995, some care should be used around the bearings. After that...to the present day...it’s not going to matter that much. Mountain biking did in open grease systems long ago. GCN’s video even showed that directly spraying the bearings for minutes at a time doesn’t lead to water infiltration.

What’s the truth? Your last paragraph makes zero sense. Are the riders the ones that are being sprayed down like they are on fire or their bikes the object of the fire hose? If the former, I really doubt they are using actual fire hoses, so it wouldn’t matter. If the latter, again, it doesn’t really make that much of a difference.

Bicycles are durable machines and can take a lot more abuse then people think. They aren’t make of sugar that melts if shown the slightest amount of moisture.

I’ll pass on the sleeping arrangement advice. Thanks anyway
I'm gonna make this real simple because this a completely asinine argument and I'm tired of it...

I did not read a SINGLE reply because responding. I just started typing.

There's no way I could have addressed posts I didn't read until AFTER I posted.

​​​​​​All I was doing was trying to persuaded the OP not to pressure spray the crap out of his poor bike. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now about sounding like I was "speaking for all of us", get over it. I wasn't. And it's a dumb thing to care about even if I was. Oh no! Someone thinks all cyclists have watched a video of team mechanics washing a bike! What ignorance! Shame!

​​​​​​Please add me to ignore.

-Cheers

​​​​​​