Old 06-17-20, 12:47 AM
ErikDaGenErik

Bikes: Specialized Venge S-Works, Giant Contend AR 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KatieC
Hi, I have been an avid cyclist my whole life. My 9 year old daughter has been riding a 20" Specialized Hotrock for a few years and we enjoy mountain biking together. However, she is close to outgrowing it and told me recently that she would really like to have a road bike. I have been looking on major brand manufacturer's websites and can't find much in the way of youth or children's road bikes.

Can anyone make any recommendations?
i just ordered a Specialized Allez Jr for my 10 year old daughter. I found a few on Bike Exchange, with the shop being on the east coast. There were 3 listed on the site last week when I ordered.

It sounds like a junior road bike is what would be best for your child. Unfortunately there aren’t a lot of options out there. There are several older models by brands like Felt, KHS, but finding 2019/2020 models are hard to come by. There are brands like Pinarello and Merida that make 42cm road bikes (Merida has 38cm), but you have to consider your child’s hands and whether or not the fingers can safely reach the brake levers.

good luck.