Old 08-31-19, 05:15 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2741 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Originally Posted by veloz
I’ve got moustache bars on my single speed. While I love the classic look, they don’t let me ride in many varying positions. I have trekker butterfly bars too - they give more positions but mine won’t accept road levers. There are quite a few drop bars with extra shallow drop these days and you might check into those (woodchipper, midge, far bar) for more hand positions. You'll need a higher rise stem. The Jones H-Bar seems popular for upright riding right now.
I can certainly attest to how my shallow drop Salsa Cowbells, combined with a long steerer-ie bars higher up physically than other drop bars Ive had, all combine to give me a very comfortable drop position.

the reason dropbars are still so great is the multiple hand positions, which is so nice for hands and neck and back "muscle change ups" and shallow drop bars up at a higher position really are a lot more comfortable than lower down drop bars.

At least the bike is a LHT which probably has a long steerer, but who knows the specifics of size for this person, let alone the physical issues that are specific to them.

plus I realize that spending money on new bars and stem etc "just to try it out" is probably not something they would want to do, in case it wasnt a good fit.....
and lets face it, hardly any bikes come stock with high dropbars, so not easy to try options out on bikes in stores.....