Old 03-13-23, 08:34 AM
newbert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I did purchase. Maybe if you mention what brand trike you plan on buying and the dealers you are considering, you can get a more specific response? You might also get more answers at bent rider online.
Well, I tried registering at the bentrider website weeks ago and got no response, so here I am.....

Maybe you're right that I should be more specific.... From LOTS of reading online reviews and my own experience with my existing trike, I think that the ideal trike for me would be an HP Velotechnic FS 20 Scorpion with e-Assist and some sort of internal hub. (Note: I'd be open to ICE or Azub too, but HP Velotechnic is my first choice.) Unfortunately, I don't have a trike shop within hundreds of miles of me that would have this specific model in stock for a test ride. (I live 40 miles north of Albany, NY.) So, I figure that the best I can do with the shops that are within a day's drive of me would be to test ride trikes with the following criteria (in no particular order):

1. Any HP Velotechnic trike with full suspension,
2. If that trike does not have the Shimano Steps e-Assist motor, test-ride ANY other trike that does.,
3 If that trike does NOT have an internal hub, test-ride ANY other trike that does.
4. Check, dbl-check, then triple-check that the FS 20 Scorpion will easily load and fit into the back of my RAV4 (preferably without having to fold it).

If I can check off all 4 of the above, (and am happy with each) after visiting the shops within reasonable distance, that would confirm that the FS 20 Scorpion would be a good choice for me. Then, I'd feel a lot more comfortable in ordering one from online - probably from Utah Trikes, but I'm open to other reputable online dealers.

Am I missing any important steps in trying to get a complete picture without having to test-ride the specific model I'm hoping for? If I were buying a new car, I'd insist on test driving that specific car. Unfortunately, it appears that just isn't possible in the case if buying an expensive trike.

I hope this clarifies my thought process.

Thanks!