Oink16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VISC SL 9 from Thor USA

or a bike friday!

Originally Posted by caro13
Hello there! I'm new to folding, 4'10", and looking for something compact to commute to work (3mi) and take longer casual rides (15-20mi). I have mostly spent time on a lightweight Cannondale road bike that was a size or two too big for me, as well as a variety of beaters and hefty hybrids while traveling. Currently living in a walkup and have limited space at work, so a folder seems like the way to go. I've taken a couple test rides on Citizens and Dahons but have had trouble distinguishing on such short rides. Would love to know if anyone my height (under 5') has enjoyed riding one of the below options (or has any suggestions), and if anyone has advice on if/how a no-frills folder could be outfitted with a detachable basket or other accessories. Trying to budget $350-$600, with some wiggle room for increase if the quality is worth it. Thanks!

What I'm most interested in from my research:
- 2018 Dahon Mu D9 (pros: trigger shifter, ok price, lightest; cons: would have to ship from out of state, no rear rack)
- Sun Shortcut 7 (pros: better price, can be ordered to shops nearby, comes with fenders and a rear rack; cons: twist shifter, slightly heavier)
- Dahon Mariner D8 (pros: comes with rear rack and fenders, available at shops nearby, trigger shifter; cons: bulkier with the add-ons, more expensive)
- Also very intrigued by mini velos and partial folders but I'm having trouble finding sellers