Old 11-03-19, 04:39 PM
Phamilton
Virgo

Bikes: A touring bike and a hybrid

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 69 Posts
I dunno what measurements everybody else overthinks but I’ve spent too much time on my saddle height. Seems for a long time I wasn’t using a good reference point. I now measure BB to where my sit bones hit the saddle. Setting it by feel never worked for me. Too cheap for a pro fit. I have some asymmetry in my legs which has been a challenge. Lemond’s formula works for me starting with a good reference point. 34 1/2” cycling inseam, saddle height 30 1/2”. I think saddle height might be a misnomer. I think you can have the same saddle “height” in different saddle positions, as you slide the saddle forward on the rails move the post up to compensate, it moving it back on the rails move the post down. I’m probably all wet but that’s where I’m at currently and applying that philosophy to 2
different bikes yields a similar overall feel despite differences in saddle type, bike geometry, handlebar size and position, and stem length between the two bikes. These bikes are commuters so I’m on one or
the other daily and sometimes several times a day.