View Single Post
Old 10-05-20, 09:46 PM
jessj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Vintage Road Bike - Please help identify

I really hope I'm posting this in the correct place? Thank you in advance for any direction. I'm fairly new to vintage road bikes but recently I've acquired a few to try my hand at restoration. I picked up this bike today because I was intrigued a bit by the crank, the leather bar grip and the seat. The seat is a Middlemore, reminiscent of a Brooks. The crank is unlike any that my novice eyes have seen. The bar grip is stitched, similarly to a car steering wheel. The brakes are Weinmann 605, the rear derailleur is Shimano Crane, the front derailleur is a Shimano Titlist and the rims are Mavic with a red label. The serial number is 009990 KB. There is a small red cap with the letter V on both the seat post tensioner and the handlebar stem bolt. The entire bike, including wheels, weighs in at ~ 21 lbs. Being new, I still struggle to identify the joints... is this fillet brazed?

Looks like I'm unable to add photos or a link to Google Drive. Guess I'll look to contribute here to the community!

Thank you again for the assist.

Last edited by jessj; 10-05-20 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Adding a detail