View Single Post
Old 10-11-20, 03:06 PM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
Gravel bike conversion?

I have two bikes. One is a 2019 large Quick 3 that has a new 11-36 rear cog set and rear derailleur. I also have a Topstone, medium, that has 105 mech set. My question is this. I like the heck out of the Topstone but the rider position is rough on my 72 year old frame with all of my issues. I like the Quick but it is the wrong size, my fault, and is heavier than the Topstone and doesn't have the rolling feel of the TS but I like the seating position, not upright but not as extended as the TS. I have gone to the "Bike Insights" site and compared the frames I have along with hybrids from Giant, Specialized, all carbon as my two are alloy, to see if the differences were insurmountable. What I am thinking is to convert the drop bar and controls to a flat bar with new hydro brake levers and quick shift 11 speed levers so I can maintain the TS frame and works but get the somewhat in between body position that I am looking for. My long winded question is this, is my thinking plausible or should I just sell both of my bikes and buy a entirely new bike? I am not savy to the esoterics of the bike world so if my idea is nuts please be kind and let me down gently. Thanks in advance and please feel free to ask for any additional information about what ever you wish.
Health: I am a retired plumber that has lost muscle mass in my upper and lower right leg due to a herniated disc and have had surgery in 2001 for the loss of the use of my left leg due to a similar issue on that side. Was told I would never ride a bike again but I am too stubborn to listen to "them".
Thanks in advance, Frank.