View Single Post
Old 10-14-20, 10:02 PM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
Originally Posted by redcon1
OP - With hydraulic brakes on the Topstone, the conversion won't be as easy as cable-actuated brakes. Have you tried to source the flat bar brake levers?
I have and the biggest issue I am having is the shifters. I am trying to find out if the MTB 11 sp. shifters will work with my 105 derailleur both front and rear. I have hydro brakes on my Quick,flatbar, Sora so I know I can get them to work. I am doing a lot of research on a new bike and frame dimensions as the cost is starting to add up with the conversion. The difference between the 9 speed Quick and the 11 speed Topstone is real and I really want to stick with the 11 spd. Right now I have a lot going on in my head about what I should or can do and still be happy with the results. Be safe and I will try to decide what I am going to do in the near future. I have also played with the idea of converting the 9 spd Quick to a 11 spd bike so again, I have too much going on in my head.

Frank.

Last edited by Helderberg; 10-14-20 at 10:05 PM.
Likes For Helderberg: