Old 07-31-18, 03:06 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
It is because you don't question the people making the rules you sit at home and post to the web. That is your privilege and one you have held to no matter how many times or how many posters have suggested to go out and see for yourself why things happen.

This whole debate could have been answered if you had contacted your local school district and asked who makes the decision on cycling and walking to school. I told you how it works in my area "Because" I have talked to the district and some principles. You haven't and then complain I am anti LCF because I relay the response I got. I do not see you as a doer. so when you post information I don't believe you have checked up on yourself I tend to toss in what I have experienced. If that bothers you maybe you could do some footwork yourself and get the answer from the source.
To the extent that people make reason-based decisions, my contribution is to use my intellect to make and deploy reasons about why and how LCF is better than car culture. It's up to people which reasons they deploy and take into account in local decision-making processes. All I can tell you is that there were people who failed to adequately reason in the past and it has led to things being worse. Up to a point, ignorance somewhat excuses it, because the assumption is that people were doing their best to figure things out as well as they could. But there comes a point where people have the opportunity to listen to good reasons to change things, but they reject them because of bad reasons or in bad faith to reasons they know are good but they don't want to be unpopular with people who don't care and just want what they want. When you cater to bad people, that makes you a bad person. If you believe in ultimate accountability, you will eventually account for your moral failures. You can accuse me of not being enough of a 'doer,' but I am square with my conscience and doing what I can best do to pursue what I understand to be good. If that's all you're doing, then what more could anyone expect of you? Personally I think you see a lot of things wrong and do wrong in a lot of what you think and say, but if you honestly try your hardest and that is the best you can come up with, who could fault you for that?